CVGA offers classes for children once they are fully potty trained through the age of 18. In the boys’ program at CVGA, we train our gymnasts on all six Olympic events: Vault, Parallel Bars, High Bar, Pommel Horse, Rings, and Floor. Our program allows gymnasts to progress at a rate that is right for each individual child based on age and skill level.
Contact CVGA at (319) 236-2842 or Amber at (319) 464-5763, or email email@example.com for more information and to register for classes.
- Preschool Boys (1 hour/week):
- Beginner Boys (1 hour/week):
- This class is for boys ages 5 and up. Beginner boys focuses on the basic fundamentals of gymnastics. The gymnasts will focus on cartwheels, handstands and swinging with proper form on special apparatus.
- Advanced Beginner Boys (1.5 hours/week):
- This class is for boys ages 5 and up. Advanced beginner boys class is for advanced boys that progress quickly and have a good understanding of the fundamental skill set of mens' gymnastics. This class is for boys who will eventually go to the Training Team program.
- Boys Training Team (3 hours/week):
- Training team is for boys ages 5 and up. It is a structured program for very advanced children who are interested in competitive gymnastics. Gymnasts will focus on an advanced set of skills in preparation to compete on CVGA's Mens' Competition Team.
- Homeschool Class (1 hour/week):
- Homeschool class is for children ages 6 and up. This class is for homeschooled children and is held during the daytime. It teaches children coordination and the basics of gymnastics while allowing them to interact with other homeschooled children.
Competitive Team Program
Mens' Compulsory Team:
- Mens' Compulsory is for boys ages 6 and up. Compulsory consists of levels 4 - 7. This team is by invite only from the boys' training team program. The boys in this program are trained on a specific skill set and routines that they will compete throughout the states of Iowa, Minnesota, and Wisconsin during the months of January through April.
- Mens' Optional is for boys who have successfully completed the Mens' Compulsory program and have advanced into the upper levels of USA Gymnastics Mens' Program. These boys work on and train an individualized set of skills and personals routines for their competitions. During the months of January through May these boys compete throughout the country at highly ranked competitions such as USA Gymnastics State, Regional, and National competitions. The ultimate goal for these gymnasts is to get a scholarship for collegiate gymnastics.